Sunday 16 January 2011

Prinzpan (FP3 or 4) expired May 1970

Hallo, I shot some Prinzpan 120 film in the summer in my Yashicamat-124G.
The film is, as far as I can tell, rebranded FP3 or FP4. Its expiry date is May 1970, which is around the time of the changeover from FP3 to FP4, so I suspect that it might have been old FP3 stock sold off cheaper through DIxons (a British high-street electronics retailer).
Anywho, I exposed at 125 (I think, I might have been a little more generous with exposure, but not a lot), and decided not to send the film off in the envelope that was included with it for development at the bargain-basement cost of 6p (about 10c in American terms) because I suspected that the address might be dead by now, 40 years later.
I souped it the other night in Rodinal 1+50 for 17:30, agitating continually for the first 30s, then 10s once every minute.
I extended a bit from an FP4+ time of 15:00, to account for the age of the film and possible fogging, but I think that actually 15:00 might have been spot-on, as there was virtually no fog, and the negs came out a little bit contrasty.
Anywho, here are my images, in case you're interested as to what this funny old film can achieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment